Home Buyers Drainage Surveys
In recent times Home Buyers Drainage Surveys have become common place across the UK and Ireland. Building surveyors now recognise the true importance of these surveys and advise clients buying domestic homes and commercial buildings to ensure that they have a drain survey carried out by a fully certified drainage surveyor.
We advise anyone who requires a drain survey to only use a certified surveyor. This will ensure that you are getting value for money and expert advice.
Here are some of the reasons to have a drain survey carried out by a certified drainage surveyor on a property you are buying or selling.
- Structural Condition Reporting/analysis
- Mis-connections identification and reporting
- Drainage system ownership – Private / Water Company
- Mapping – drawing to show drainage system locations and components
- Mortgage lenders may/will request a drain survey, Insurance company may/will request a drain survey. These reports will satisfy all parties including solicitors for CON29DW’s (Water Searches)
- Home buyers may not be aware that a survey could provide all of the above information which is extremely important.
- Water company could be for-warned about defects on there asset, saving time and money on repairs and preventing the buyer from inheriting problems
- Most RICS building surveyors do not carry the equipment to carry out an in-depth survey to a critical part of the structure, everything else can be properly inspected apart from the drainage system.
- Buyers are often left in the dark about the condition of drains which are often out of sight, out of mind and can often be in a very poor condition.
- Insurance companies are often covering defective drainage as they are unaware of the true condition, a growing number now request a drain survey before offering cover.
- Detection of Vermin / Rat Infestation within the drainage system.
With our service we can supply the surveys the same day & be on hand if there is any further questions in the future.